Some Big Canon Telephoto Lenses to be Revised in 2017
The big Canon telephoto lenses or the ‘big whites’ as they are known in the Canon circle around the world are up for makeover. According to Canon Rumors, some of these big white telephoto lenses would revised by Canon by next year. This is, in fact, in addition to the release of the new Canon EF 600mm f/4 DO IS by late 2017.
Potential big Canon telephoto lenses up for makeover are listed below.
- Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS 2008
- Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS 1.4x 2013
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II 2011
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II 2011
- Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II 2011
- Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II 2011
- Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS 2008
|Canon Telephoto Lenses||Amazon||B&H|
During makeover, these lenses would be given new IS and their weight would be reduced. 2017 is already looking to be a big year as far as lenses are concerned. Apart from these lens facelifts, Canon would also be bringing in a new EF 135mm f/2L IS lens this year.